The Stanford Law School Center for Internet & Society (CIS) seeks a full-time residential Research Fellow to conduct legal and policy analysis on network neutrality. The individual will work closely with CIS’s Director, Professor Barbara van Schewick, a leading expert on network neutrality.
• Researching, writing and editing comments to the FCC, policy papers, reports, blog posts, and other pieces of publishable quality, individually and collaboratively;
• Researching current legal and policy issues in network neutrality;
• Preparing materials, including one-pagers and visuals, to help inform stakeholders about key issues; presenting ideas and conclusions in small and large meetings;
• Organizing and contributing to meetings and events;
• Opportunity to contribute to fundraising efforts; and
• Engaging in the intellectual life of the Center and Stanford Law School.
• A strong academic record and a J.D. from a U.S. law school;
• Excellent non-legal and legal writing and research skills;
• Ability to write clearly, persuasively, and quickly for a range of audiences;
• Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work collaboratively;
• Ability to work under time pressure and with tight timelines; |
• Ability to work in a self-directed and entrepreneurial environment;
• Knowledge of U.S. telecommunications law, antitrust law and administrative law preferred;
• Some background in economics preferred; and
• Familiarity with the network neutrality debate preferred.
The position is open to recent graduates and to experienced practitioners.
The position starts immediately and is initially for one year. The salary is competitive, commensurate with experience, and includes comprehensive Stanford University benefits. The position is based at Stanford, but CIS will consider remote options for exceptional candidates.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received. The deadline will remain open until the position is filled.
1) Please e-mail a cover letter, a CV, relevant transcripts, and a writing sample to email@example.com.
2) Applicants MUST also apply online via the Stanford Careers website at: https://stanfordcareers.stanford.edu/job-search?jobId=63410