RSVP for the event here: https://www.facebook.com/events/520390394700141/
Come out to rally for your privacy and learn about surveillance from a distinguished group of speakers this Sunday afternoon at Embarcadero Plaza!
The rally begins at the plaza at 12pm. At 1pm, speakers with direct experience relating to NSA data collection will take the stage. After the speakers, we will be delivering a wall of public comments on surveillance in the US to be assembled during the event to Rep. Nancy Pelosi's district office.
- Daniel Ellsberg: Former US military analyst, author, and activist. Mr. Ellsberg famously leaked the Pentagon Papers to The New York Times in 1971, revealing the systematic deception of four presidencies as well as prompting the 1st Amendment case, NYT v. United States.
- Mark Klein: AT&T/NSA whistleblower who revealed in 2006 that AT&T was secretly cooperating with the NSA to divert communications to the intelligence agency, leading to the Hepting v. AT&T lawsuit.
- Jennifer Granick: Director of Civil Liberties for the Center for Internet and Society at Stanford Law School. Jennifer Granick has written extensively about NSA surveillance, including a recent piece in the New York Times entitled "The Criminal NSA."
- Norman Solomon: Norman is an author journalist, politician, media critic and founder of the Institute for Public Accuracy.
- Cullen Hoback: Cullen is Director of "Terms and Conditions May Apply," a documentary exploring the loss of online privacy.
We're excited to see you all there!
Don't forget to like our page at www.facebook.com/RestoreThe4thSF for updates about any events we hold in the future. To get involved in planning, join our group at www.facebook.com/groups/RestoretheFourthSF. The national page for this event is www.1984day.com