For more information and to register visit: https://www.igfusa.us/policy-debate-on-the-encrypted-internet-and-lawful-access/
During this session two teams on opposite sides of the issue will debate the following motion.
Resolved: the government should require ISPs and apps to enable lawful access to data in transit that is protected by end-to-end encryption.
- moderator introduces the topic and share the motion
- each side provides opening remarks (6 minutes per speaker)
- discussion and debate between debaters
- question & answer with audience
- each side provides closing remarks (2 minutes per speaker)
Host & Moderator
Senior Research Scholar, CISAC and Research Fellow, Hoover Institution at Stanford University