U.S. Sen. John Thune (R-S.D.), chairman of the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation, will convene a hearing on Wednesday, November 16, 2016, at 3:00 p.m. entitled “Exploring Augmented Reality.” The hearing will examine the emergence, benefits, and implications of augmented reality technologies. Unlike virtual reality that creates a wholly simulated reality, augmented reality attempts to superimpose images and visual data on the physical world in an intuitive way.
• Mr. Brian Blau, Research Vice President, Gartner
• Mr. John Hanke, Chief Executive Officer, Niantic, Inc. (developer of Pokémon GO)
• Mr. Brian Mullins, Co-Founder & Chief Executive Officer, DAQRI
• Mr. Stanley Pierre-Louis, General Counsel, Entertainment Software Association
• Mr. Ryan Calo, Assistant Professor of Law, University of Washington
* Witness list subject to change
Full Committee Hearing
Wednesday, November 16, 2016
This hearing will take place in Senate Russell Office Building, Room 253. Witness testimony, opening statements, and a live video of the hearing will be available at www.commerce.senate.gov.