BT Tours With Thomas Dolby

On November 27th, BT and Thomas Dolby opened their “Sonic Duel for Virtual Supremacy” Tour at Red Devil in San Francisco. BT was kind enough to invite us, and the show was fantastic.

BT performed “This Binary Universe,” which you can listen to online at: thisbinaryuniverse.com.

Thomas Dolby performed an eclectic mix of songs, including a recent rendition of an old ditty adapted to tell the story of Dolby’s copyright infringement suit against K-Fed, whose recent song “America’s Most Wanted” sampled Mobb Deep’s “Got It Twisted,” which had sampled Dolby’s “She Blinded Me With Science.” Although Mobb Deep’s use of the song was licensed by Dolby, K-Fed’s wasn't. (K-Fed settled.)

Comments

First let me say Im a fan of much of BTs music. So I wanted to like This Binary Universe, but I just found this CD featureless and devoid of personality and emotion. It just felt contrived and formulaic, like BT was working to a record company deadline. Sure, it was immaculately produced and intricate, but to what end?.
The differences of opinion about this CD are interesting. Some people clearly loved it and I must admit I was influenced by the hype. But I find it difficult to play this CD right through without getting irritated by its blandness. I've not heard Thomas Dolby play live but if he's in town I'd definitely check out his gig. Thanks, Rod.

Add new comment