St. Louis - convergence of college media & MLB

So I've just arrived in St. Louis, Mo., where I'm attending and speaking at the National College Media Convenion at the invitation of College Broadcaster's Inc.. I'm speaking tomorrow on a panel about webcasting legal issues as well as giving a presentation and answering questions about legal issues for podcasters.

Earlier today I had a quick bite in a Starbucks (thankfully w/ wifi) right across the street from the baseball stadium where the World Series is being played. Not sure at this point whether tonight's game will rain out (or is it called off already?). As I look out the window, it's pretty grey and overcast, like it could rain at any moment. The Detroit Tigers team is staying at the same hotel where the conference is underway, and there's a bit of an "over booking" problem with some of the rooms. I haven't been able to check in yet, but my fingers are cross that I don'thave to give my room up to one of these sluggers...

{UPDATE: I was able to check in with no problem afterall. And I even have a great view of that famous Arch from my room (although it's not sunny like this photo)!}

I'll blog about some of the sessions I attend tomorrow. I did get to briefly meet Dr. Drew, which was a bit of a surprise today. The students, advisors, journalists, and media company execs I have met so far make up a great crowd, and the students especially bring some excellent energy to the scene.

Add new comment